Marom, Young Adult Worker (part time)
We are seeking a part-time young adult community organiser to join our energetic and ever evolving young adult department, Marom.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing connections with young adults age 22-27 who have an interest in or are active in the Masorti community in London, with a focus on graduates
- Supporting the development of grassroots young adult Masorti initiatives in London (for example: young adult minyanim, Jewish learning and tikkun olam projects).
- Organsing and running Friday night dinners
- Raising the profile of Masorti Judaism through social media and by representing Marom at young adult Jewish communal events.
- Organising and running a five day Europe trip.
- Creating reports on activities for our funders.
- Planning and managing programme budgets.
- Acting as the UK representative to Marom Europe and Marom International. This will involve at least 2 trips outside the UK a year.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within the Jewish community, with a commitment to Marom’s core values (tradition, pluralism, modernity and community). Ideally you will have taken on positions of leadership in a communal organisation and have experience of facilitating leadership development in others. First-rate interpersonal and teamwork skills, computer literacy, confidence in planning and managing budgets and an ability to manage your own workload are essential.
2 days a week (flexible hours including evenings and weekends)
Salary: £6500-8500 annual pay (£18-21k pro rata)
Application deadline 31 July. Interviews will be held on 19 August.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.