Masorti Judaism Privacy Notice
Using the following privacy statement, Masorti Judaism will communicate clearly to all data subjects the purposes for and ways in which we are processing their data. The privacy statement will be made available to any individual from whom we are seeking consent to process data or send electronic marketing, will be published on our website, and a link to it will appear in all email communications we send out.
1. We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
• Our full name: Masorti Judaism
• Our contact details: Alexander House, 3 Shakespeare Road, London N3 1XE; Tel. 020 8349 6650; Email – email@example.com; Web – www.masorti.org.uk
2. We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
• to monitor and improve our service to you and to provide information you require as a member, supporter or service user;
• to contact you with Masorti Judaism news, newsletters, and information about projects and events organised by Masorti Judaism or which Masorti Judaism is supporting;
• to invite you to attend or volunteer at events, programmes and community initiatives;
• to tell you about fundraising activities of Masorti Judaism or other charities supported by Masorti Judaism and to invite you to donate.
• We may send you emails, text messages, social media messages and hard-copy post about such activities and services, and we may on occasion telephone you. We might also contact you by email, post or phone to discuss the content of these communications with you for market research purposes.
3. The lawful basis for processing the personal data of our service users, supporters and members of constituent and associate synagogues is that we have a legitimate interest in doing so, namely that as a community charity we need to hold a certain amount of personal data relating to these data subjects so that we can provide a service and communicate with them.
4. The lawful basis for processing any sensitive data you provide us with (for example, medical information) is your explicit consent.
5. The lawful basis for sending you electronic marketing communications is your consent.
6. If we are relying on your consent to process data or send you marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
7. In order to ensure our communications with you are relevant, we may supplement our records by adding data about you from publicly-available sources of information.
8. Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security is in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information. In order to contact you, we may provide your details to a volunteer who has responsibility for an event or activity, and if we do so, we do so on the strict basis that it is only to be used for that limited purpose. We may make your data available to third party contractors for the purpose of operating our services (for example, mailing houses, tour operators). Any such contractor will be required to store your data securely, use it only for the intended purpose, and to destroy it upon completion of the service for which it is being used.
9. We do not make our mailing list available to any third parties and we will not disclose your personal data to anyone else, unless required to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or an official regulator.
10. We will keep your data secure, using up-to-date software, secure passwords and backup solutions.
11. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of your engagement with Masorti Judaism as a supporter, a service user or a member of a Masorti community, and for seven years after your last interaction with Masorti Judaism.
12. In order to help us communicate with you and to store data cost-efficiently, we use various third party solutions, some of which store the data using cloud-based technologies. This means that personal data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area.
13. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability.
14. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the manner in which we process your personal data.
15. Your provision of personal data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement. However, should you not provide your personal data to us, we will be unable to provide a service to you or to keep you informed of Masorti Judaism programmes and activities.
Masorti Judaism Privacy Notice